Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gravitational Pull

Gravity is a wonderful thing when you are going downhill, not so much when you are fighting it to get up that same hill. Last week I headed out with some clients to a training camp and we spent some time learning physics, in particular Newtons Law of Gravity and how our masses were affected by the force of gravity and how much potential energy was required to overcome the gravitational constant to get to the top of a mountain. I never enjoyed my physics classes but if they had been taught on a bicycle I may have paid a little more attention, okay who am I kidding, I zone out just as much on the bike. For the two hours that it took to move my (m)ass up the hill, it took less than 30 minutes to roll down. Sometimes, I wish that apple had just stayed on the tree;)

Stop to admire the view on the way back down, no stopping allowed going up!

I climb so that I can descend!

'Gravity is a trick of the body devised to conceal deficiencies of the mind.'

No comments:

Post a Comment