Monday, February 28, 2011

Luck

Today is a big day. Today is the day so many will find out if they got a  ticket to the ride of their life. Today, many people are checking and rechecking their email in great anticipation. Are they going to get the much coveted spot into the Leadville Trail 100? For everyone that is on the edge of their seats and anxiously awaiting notification, good luck. But, remember, if at first you don't succeed try and try again. Last year I got the unfortunate news that my name had not been drawn in the lottery but that didn't deter me from getting to the start and the finish line last August. So, if you want it bad enough, find a way to make it happen and if you are one of those lucky ones who finds out today that you have a spot, don't waste it. Get out there and train, make sure that you do all that you can to cross the finish line. Don't waste the opportunity, because somewhere, someone, didn't get so lucky and they are counting on you to have the time of your life. Even though I did not put my name in for this years lottery I am awaiting the results. I can't wait to get messages from all my friends who got lucky!

'Luck is Believing You're Lucky!'-Tennessee Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment