Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Today my friend turned to me during our ride and said 'I just want to remind you that it is February'. Good thing she reminded me because it was hard to fathom. I was riding in shorts and short sleeves, which means it was over 70 degrees. I don't bare that much skin unless it is 70 or higher. It was a nicer day than we had most of last summer. In honor of you that are sloshing through snow and ice, we did a few extra miles. I know that on February 2nd the groundhog did not see his shadow and thus an early spring was predicted. I had not idea that meant the next week. In case you are about to tell me this is just a slight reprieve and that it is not spring, I present the following evidence.....


Surest sign I know that spring has sprung!

1 comment:

  1. Really Kirsty ….short sleeves … really?
    I return home from 4.5 hours of riding today in heavy rains, high winds and about 5 C to read that you are riding in short sleeves. My attire today:

    Technical toque under helmet
    Clear glasses
    Rain shell
    Wool long sleeve jersey over polypro base layer
    Sub zero three layer gloves
    Winter bib tights over bib shorts
    Thermal socks
    Winter lined riding shoes with booties over them

    As I literally am thawing out as I read your post I have to comment. You had to post that you are riding in short sleeves already …. really?

    Jason

    ReplyDelete