Thursday, July 15, 2010

Red Light Girl

Remember the children's game red light, green light? The one where you would run towards the kid who was it until they said 'red light' and then you would have to stop instantly or be put out. I get to play that game all the time. The only thing is, I get red light, red light, red light and very rarely do I get green light.



I have to admit, when I am alone I don't really notice that I get all the red lights. When others are with me, they sure notice. I am surprised that anyone will ride with me, or drive with me for that matter. Me hearty says he schedules extra travel time to a destination if I will be in the car with him. Apparently, I get every red light all the time. The other day, the kid who is 'it' must have been on a bathroom break because I got a green wave. I hit every green light on the way home. I noticed this because I didn't get a chance to sit and admire the sign twirlers on the side of the road, or stop and catch my breath. By the time I got to the last intersection with a light I was pedalling hard just to win the game. I don't expect the state of the universe to change permanently. I know I will still be labelled the red light girl but on this day I enjoyed surfing the green wave.


If for some reason I have to stop during my race in Leadville, I have plenty of practice starting again! 'Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude'- Thomas Jefferson.

No comments:

Post a Comment