Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Post Leadville

The Leadville Trail 100 is still 18 days away and I am already getting asked 'what is next?'. People, can't I just get through this HUGE endeavor first. I appreciate that everyone has so much confidence in my abilities that they just assume that I will conquer this event and be ready to move on immediately. I, on the other hand, think that this over 40 body is going to need a chance to recover. They argue that I can take advantage of my current fitness by racing fall triathlons. Problem with this plan is I currently have no swimming and running fitness. Last time I did a triathlon, which I admit, was way back in May, it involved more than riding a bike. Perhaps, in my time away from the trigeek world things have changed? Instead, I am hoping that I will take full advantage of my fitness by racing my mountain bike over 100 miles at elevation in Colorado on August 14th. If I successfully complete that task I plan to do a whole lot of this.....

Afternoon naps

and maybe some of this...

I'll probably only have one a time though, lesson learned!

and if I earn the silver belt buckle I may be inclined to finally go and do this....


1 comment: