Monday, June 28, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

My good friends Cherry and Tony are getting married in less than two weeks. They are a fantastic couple and I am blessed to have them in my life. Yesterday the girls got together and we did a bike ride to celebrate. It was my seventh day on the bike in a row, and I am counting it as important training. All bridal showers should be this much fun!

Brides Bike Ready to Ride

We all got to be Cherry's bridesmaids for the day and the bride was radiant in her thrift store gown.

 Ready to start the bridal procession


The Peloton

Here Comes the Bride- she's on a breakaway


Everyone Loves a Bride


Trialing my Leadville outfit.

We managed to make a splash in quite a few watering holes along the way and did some interval training on the dance floors. Not sure how to classify this ride in my training log. It had some strength elements, cruisers are heavy and going uphill was challenging. I got some technique work maneuvering with balloons in my face. There was the endurance, had to pace myself, there are quite a few dive bars along that stretch of coastline! At the end of the day, it was just FUN had by all. I may have to wear the pink boa at Leadville to remind me that I just wanna have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment