Monday, June 7, 2010

Blood, Sweat and ...

This past weekend I put in some good hours on the bike. So many good hours that I am now sporting lovely biker tan lines. Ladies, you know the biker girl girdle, so attractive. Saturday was a long, hilly, and hot ride. This is where the sweat came in. It was well above 90 and during one climb we were up against a rock face with no wind. I was covered in salt, resembling the rim of margarita glass. I wore it as a badge of honor, proof that I was working hard in the heat. Luckily, Jen, I did not need to recycle!

Sunday, I took to the mountain bike. I did not crash on Sunday but the cuts on my legs from my crash over a week ago took a beating from the bushes. Fresh blood was drawn. My mascot and I now had visible proof that we are not pussies! Just look at her face.


Evidence that I have lost blood in training!

I have never been so happy as I was on Sunday to have gears on my bike. I can't believe that some people choose to ride a single speed. If it weren't for the granny gear there is no way I would have made it up several of the climbs yesterday. My legs were worked from the day before and I was using all my gearing.


Trail goes up over far left of picture

As mild as this hill looks it took all I had to get up and over at the midpoint of my ride. I can't believe that I will have to climb up over the powerline climb in Leadville at mile 80. Oh boy. That is going to be another day for blood, sweat and gears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment