Thursday, November 17, 2011

Silence

I haven't had a voice this week. I can eek out a few strained words if required but mostly I have been whispering or mute. I don't think I am the only one suffering with this particular ailment. Yesterday when I was at the store to get some provisions I noticed that throat lozenges were front and center.

During this time of forced abstinence from speech I have been reflecting on how often we waste our words. If you were given a limited number of words to say each day and when they were used up you were done how would you choose to spend them? I hear so many people complaining, maybe even bitching or getting caught in a negative spiral of conversation (and believe me I too have been there), but is that the best way to use your words? Couldn't your words be used in more constructive ways each day, instead of harping on the horrible lets all use our words to make others feel loved, make others laugh, share happiness and show kindness.

' Do not speak unless you can improve the silence'- ancient proverb


Kiki's Kulinary

Very Blueberry Smoothie




No comments:

Post a Comment