Thursday, November 3, 2011

Better Late Than Never

I'm the girl who came to the party late. All that remain on the hors d'oeuvre platters are the garnishes of wilted lettuce and measly sprigs of parsley. The good wine and beer has been drank and we are down to the boxed wine and light beers. I have no excuse for being so late, other than I didn't want to just attend a party because everyone else was going to be there. No, I have my integrity and I don't just follow the crowd, I go to parties because I want to be there and I enjoy the company of those attending. The party I am referring to is the lululemon party. I was first given an invite back in 2000 when I was visiting a friend who lived 2 blocks from the Kits store. She told me how great the yoga clothes were, most comfortable yoga pants she'd ever had she told me. Of course, since she invited me to the party I felt I should make an attempt to attend. Off we went to the store, I did a once through and I left without mingling at all. I just couldn't think of how I could justify spending that on yoga pants (of course, at the time I still bought my jeans at the gap outlet!).  Over the years I have watched on the sidelines as more and more people have attended this party, and I have resisted. Just because everyone else is jumping off a bridge, doesn't mean I have to. Well, I have now jumped and I can tell you it is the best damn jump I have ever taken.



I am finally attending the party, I like to think of it as fashionably late. After seeing women of all shapes and sizes running in Lululemon run shorts and looking fantastic, I took the plunge. Can I just tell you all, MOST COMFORTABLE RUN SHORTS EVER! (sorry, I had to shout!). I have worn lots of different run shorts over the years and these are the bomb! The look good, they stay in place and they are so soft and comfy Both the turbo and the speed shorts. I may have been late getting on board with this trend (in my defense though, I was the first in my class in the 80's to sport the Olivia Newton John headband, so this may balance that out) but I now have drank the Kool aid and I am not leaving this party.

I showed up recently to a run with a friend. Like me she just arrived at the party too, but instead of sporting the shorts she had on a short sleeve run shirt that was extremely cute and flattering. Now my free race shirts are looking a little sad, I am now on the slippery slope and may need an intervention:) (btw family, I'm a size 6 and could use a long or short sleeve). I may be late but better late than never!

Kiki's Kulinary

Cashew Lettuce wraps with Guacamole

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you want anything from OT Fitwear here on the island... same people who made Lululemon clothes before LLL outsourced overseas. A great company with no predatory business practices like LLL (I wonder how many occupy protestors are wearing LLL :)...) and high-quality fabrics. And bonus - no Kool Aid drinking involved!

    The shorts do look great though!

    ReplyDelete