Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Flashbacks

Over the years I have done alot of LSD, and by alot, I mean I may have a problem. The cumulative effect of using for so many years means that I often experience flashbacks of many a previous hit.

Over the weekend nostalgia hit me head on in the form of a strong, rather warm wind. Suddenly, I was transported back to the time we drove our 1984 VW camper van from Phoenix to Palm Springs, in August, in the middle of the day. Oh, did I happen to mention the engine was air cooled. We drove the whole way with the heat blasting on full and the windows open. It was so ridiculous that it became hysterically funny. I was giddy and disoriented and laughing at everything. As I cruised along on my bike Saturday I was reliving this great adventure and loving being warm. The last time I was on this road it was near freezing temperatures and I was a blue Popsicle. I don't think my riding partners were sharing my enthusiasm for the heat. I'll have to take them up there over the winter so that they can appreciate the warm sun and the ability to use their hands to brake.

Not only was I having flashbacks on the weekend, I was hallucinating. I swear I saw a camel out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment