Monday, August 15, 2011

Winning

I am not one to boast about my achievements so I have neglected to mention in this blog all the races that I have been winning. I apologize to all of my readers for this oversight but I really wanted this to be about my journey and not so much about how I stacked up in a race situation. Frankly, I didn't want you all to feel badly if you don't constantly line up at the start knowing you have a really good chance at the overall win. I would hate for you to abandon your pursuit of any type of racing just because you aren't able to claim as many wins as me. Just tonight as a matter of fact I claimed the first place overall in the 5:10pm lagoon 6 mile run. It was a close race with me and another runner trading the lead multiple times but I was able to use the element of surprise and edge her out in the finishing sprint. (it is always best to attack when your competition is distracted, in this case she was sniffing a branch) When I started the race I was pretty confident that I had a win in me tonight and it was quite satisfying to pull it off. So, erasing all thoughts of me and my multitude of first places, continue going out there and striving to 'win' against yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment