Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not so Traditional

Today is me hearty and my 20th wedding anniversary. Right from the start we have done things our own way. We got married young when we were still in school (university, not high school, young but not THAT young) without living together prior. No one did that at the time. We had our wedding on a Friday night with our ceremony and reception in the same location. And, gasp, wait for it, we did not serve a dinner. That's right, we had a cocktail reception, but don't worry no one went hungry we had hot and cold hors d'oeuvres(that I heard were wonderful even though I didn't get a chance to eat any). Doesn't sound too rebellious but 20 years ago it was quite different than all the other weddings that were occurring. Keeping with our theme of doing it our way we have done what works for us the whole time. So, it should come as no surprise that when it came time for 20th anniversary presents that we decided to go against the traditional gift of china or the modern gift of platinum and we went with carbon. Carbon fiber bikes, one for each of us. Granted, we gave them to each other a little early but luckily, we made it to the official date:) Pretty sure that at some point in our marriage me hearty thought that having a wife who doesn't really like jewelry was a great thing, until she developed a love of carbon fiber and bike bling. Perhaps, he is afraid that after 20 years my warranty is up and that I may start to fall apart so he got a bike too in order to make sure I keep riding hard. This morning he told me he doesn't think 20 years is that big of a deal, seems our nontraditional traditions work for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment