Friday, January 21, 2011

Too Much of a Good Thing

There really isn't anything more beautiful in the world than that which mother nature has already created. All great designs take parts of nature and try to enhance them. Think of the colors found in a sunset or sunrise, the various shades the ocean takes on and the beautiful coats that animals wear daily. While I oppose actually wearing an animals coat or any other part of it for that matter, I have an appreciation for the fine patterns and designs found in the wild. I have been known to accessorize with a few animal print pieces here and there. The dog has a leopard print bed and of course my snuggie is zebra print (which elevates it from being frumpy to super fashionable!). This being the year that I am going to become a faster runner I have decided to embrace my inner cheetah and all things cheetah. The cheetah is the fastest land animal and who doesn't want to be associated with that?

0-60mph in 3 seconds, I'm only asking for 8mph!

Recently, a new pro cycling team was introduced, Leopard-Trek team (don't call them team Leopard-Trek). Of course, I immediately began thinking of the endless possibilities of cycling kit designs and how the team could present itself. Many of my current favorite pro cyclists are on this team and I had visions of them in leopard print ensembles. Leopard print being much cooler than the simple black spots found on a cheetah in that leopards have more complex patterns. Just let your mind play for a minute at how cool the bikes could be painted. Instead this is what the bikes will look like.

Tell me that disc wheel wouldn't look awesome with a few spots!

Okay, maybe the team didn't want to overdo it too much on the bikes cause their kits were so sleek and cool?

2011 team kits
Now, just to be clear, I am not saying that I don't like these team kits, heck anything the Schleck brothers want to wear to ride their bikes is pretty okay with me. I'm just saying that they missed out an a great opportunity here. An opportunity for fashion design that every retiree snowbird in the desert who owns a be dazzler would have been able to guide them on. Just when I had given up hope of seeing these fine cyclists flashing their spots around the globe, I came across these...


After seeing these, it all made sense. The boys only want to show their spots off the bike! It is said that a Leopard can't change it's spots and now I am thinking that maybe we should let the Leopard keep the spots! (although I'm still thinking a disc wheel in leopard print would totally rock, like 80's hair band ROCK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment