Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hat Trick

Over the weekend I put my first string forwards into the game with great success. There was no substitution and each were in for the duration. We had a plan of attack which involved coming from behind and finalizing our score in the final period. Our rink was the roads of Carlsbad and we were playing against the clock. I had no subs in the box and was hoping that the power plays we had been working on would lead to at least one scoring opportunity. At about the half way point  Lizzie head deked me from behind the goal line and then proceeded to clear the zone. The girls kept their eye on the puck the whole game and their focus and determination paid off with no penalties. They paced themselves perfectly so that I didn't have to call them for icing. All the work we had done on stick handling and passing was rewarded greatly. It was hard being in the box at times trusting that each would execute the plays to perfection but I believed in my players and knew that they would each play from their zones.We closed out the game without going into overtime and  ended up scoring not 1, not 2 but 3 pr's. A hat trick for the coach!

Kiki's Krew

'You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take'- Wayne Gretzky

No comments:

Post a Comment