Friday, December 10, 2010

My Own World

I might need an exorcist. You see, during the night my body keeps getting taken over. For about a year now, when I am asleep a twelve year old boy seems to possess me. I know this because I keep having these reoccurring dreams where I am riding my bike and effortlessly popping wheelies all over. I have even ridden some of my favorite training loops on one wheel, with one hand. I know this is not me, because I still celebrate when I am able to get my front wheel up and over a curb. This boy, my alter ego, seems to do things while riding a bike with no concern for injury. Crazy, I know, but he flies downhills and off jumps with no fear of consequence. He even took me back for a ride over a few bridges on the Thirsty Beaver. Yes, returned to the trail from my nightmares to have fun! Now do you believe me that I am being possessed during the midnight hours? Luckily, this devil inside of me is only concerned about having fun while riding a bike. I am not in a huge hurry for the intervention because to be honest, I rather enjoy the mad skills we have on our night rides. I think that like me he fantasizes of one day growing up and being a rider like Robbie McEwan. For now, I will hold on to my dreams and enjoy living in a world where I am fearless.


Robbie McEwan

'In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own'

No comments:

Post a Comment