Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Summer Vacation

This week the 2010 version of the Race Across the Sky hits theatres. It will be a movie premier event like no other. I am super excited that I get to share with everyone the amazing scenery of Leadville Colorado and surrounding areas. I remember watching the movie last November and being awestruck by the stunning beauty, especially at the top of Columbine Mine. The movie really doesn't do it justice. It is more spectacular in person, which could be attributed to the lack of oxygen in the air and the amazing technicolor that your brain then experiences. I am looking forward to reliving the day, even though it will be a 2 hour movie not an 11 hour movie. From experience, I suggest all movie goers come stocked with some super salty snacks because by the time you get back to the Powerline climb you are going to need them. Luckily for you, the movie theatre popcorn will do the trick. Here's hoping I don't get transported back in time and think I am racing again. If you see a girl pulling down her pants yelling lube me, you know you're in the same theatre as I am!

Here are some teaser images from around Leadville this summer.


View from Town

Top of Columbine

Bridge at bottom of Powerline
View from Sugarloaf climb

Twin Lakes aid station

 Luxury lodging, very friendly owners!

Half way turn around point!

Victorian house, love the paint colors!

Creek on way back to St Kevins

Finishing, yes I am crying!

For all of you who are attending the movie, know that we can all do more than we think we can. A year ago when I was watching the 2009 version of the race, I was petrified about the race course and how I would ever get myself through it. With grit, determination, lots of luck and the amazing support of friends and family I became a member of the Leadville Trail 100 family.

'You are better than you think you are and can do more than you think you can - but you gotta DIG DEEP!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment