Sunday, October 16, 2011

End of the World

Having experienced a 3 bikini day, forever to now be the standard which all days are measured, the expectations for this vacation were set very high. How was I going to achieve another 3 bikini day? It was going to be difficult but I was up for the challenge. As soon as I woke up I put on a bikini, grabbed some goggles and a cap and headed out for my date. I had been told that the spinner dolphins came by every morning between 6 and 7 and I did not want to be late so I was ready before 6 and waiting. Sadly, I was stood up, perhaps my supreme gracefulness upon entering the pacific the prior day kept them away? Instead of my much anticipated morning swim amongst dolphins we headed to the Kailua-Kona pier and swam with much less serene creatures. We found ourselves surrounded by the species known as Ironman triathletes. No worries, they didn't venture too far out, most of them probably weren't aware of how clear the water was and that they could still strut their stuff (after all, they work hard for this level of fitness) in the water.

so blue and so clear, I miss it!


Mid day I took a nice run along Alii Drive. The number of people out running confused me and for a moment I thought I was in a race, there was a steady stream of runners in both directions. I even ran for awhile with the eventual winner of the women's race (by awhile, I mean two steps, I didn't want to crush her confidence so close to her big event so I let her go). Unlike the other runners out there I was running to the End of the World to meet me hearty for some cliff jumping - or as I was referring to it, bikini #2. Sadly, the water was super choppy and as much as I wanted to show my fear of heights was long gone, my rational fear of a stupid death remains and I did not want to be smashed into Lava rocks. Does the fact that I ran in my sports bra and shorts count towards my bikini count??


probably not a good day for jumping




It ended up being only a 2.5 bikini day, but that is still a pretty amazing day. (I gave a point five for the sports bra running:))


No comments:

Post a Comment