Friday, March 30, 2012

Storm Running

A couple of weeks ago we ran away from home. The weather forecast for the weekend was dismal at best and we had friends over in Tucson doing a training camp. So we decided to pack it up and head over. The drive started out through the storm but we were able to out run it. Some people make a habit of chasing storms, I could make a habit of running away from them. We did get some less than desirable weather while we were in the desert but for some reason pouring rain, gale force winds and hail didn't seem as miserable in the desert setting. It was actually a surreal experience to be out on a trail run amongst the cacti and find myself being pelted by the hard icy stuff out of the sky. At one point it was coming down so hard that it was stinging, my option was to dive for cover in the bushes but that looked like a sticky situation.

doesn't it look like I'm having fun?

I was actually having a blast. First, I love running trails. Second, I love exploring new places and lastly the scenery was brilliant.

The Desert was in Bloom

I think I found my dream house, yes it needs a bit of work

The riding was fun and swimming in an outdoor pool to ourselves couldn't be beat. While I don't recommend running away from all stormy environments, sometimes it is easier to deal with the storm in a different location. When we returned to our coastal haven as the sun was shimmering off the ocean we were reminded that sometimes you have to weather the storm to come out all sparkling on the other side and other times you can just run away and come back when it is all over.



Kiki's Kulinary

my St Patty's day Shamrock Shake- Pina colada flavoured:)



No comments:

Post a Comment