Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Into the Valley

After much time spent riding on the mountains in the trees it was nice to go for a ride up a valley. Not only was it flat and a great way to spin out the legs after my mountain bike race, but there was some stunning scenery. It was not the first time I had ridden up Pemberton Valley, but it was the furthest I had ridden. You see, the last time I had ridden my bike here was in 1980 and I was going to visit my horse. Her field was two miles up this valley from where I lived. Seemed like a pretty long bike ride when I was a kid, everything seems so much bigger and further when you are a kid. Still a great place to ride a bike, minimal traffic and amazing views in both directions.

lots of snow still on the mountains

super green fields

the wild roses smelt amazing!

wide open roads

'Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring  and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?'- Khalil Gibran

1 comment: