Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Question

'If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?'.  This is a question that can spark many hours of debate depending on what your perception of hearing and sound are. It can even be taken further to ask 'if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it really fall?'.

This fall tree has obviously not fallen.

You are probably wondering why I am suddenly pondering such profound meanings. It is because today I did a cyclocross race and I won my division. Now, before you go sending me congratulatory messages and asking me for all my training secrets let me just tell you that although I was first, I was also last. So you see, this has me reflecting is it really a win if you are the only one racing? I mean the girl that lost couldn't mount her bike without coming to a dead stop and she wasn't exactly moving at the speed of light off the starting line. That being said, the girl that won was wearing some pretty sweet halloween socks and she seemed to be working pretty hard. It was muddy and wet and maybe those other So Cal women who are over the age of 35 just can't take a little weather. All I do know is that my name got called to get the winners prize package and I came home with it. So, being a glass half full kinda gal, I'm looking at it as a win today. Hey, it might be the only win I ever get in this sport. Maybe it is time to quit, you know go out on top!



1st place women 35+ prize package

Division winners- full disclosure is she SMOKED me!

Now that I have a win I may just ride off into the sunset and bask in my glory forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment