Sunday, March 3, 2013

Marching On

If I am to believe the cute puppy calendar up on my fridge we are already in the month of March. That means I have less than 4 months now until my first race of the Leadwoman series. Four months isn't a lot of time when you look forward so I like to look back. Where was I four months ago in terms of fitness and where am I now. It is about four months since I signed up for this challenge and I have made forward progress. When I filled out my application I had to state my longest run was 50km. I could now put 50miles, that's a few steps in the right direction. Still, it's hard not to panic with such a huge summer looming over me. While I am a huge believer in not looking back in life, looking back in training is always a good thing. It is hard to see the progress in a micro cycle so reviewing the macro is very helpful in keeping the panic at bay. For now my preparation in training is just like the races will be, one step at a time, Marching On.

Spring flowers are putting a spring in my step

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This journey is going to be an incredible one when we both run into Leadville August 18th!! Lots of trails to run and bike before then, but it's all coming together one step at a time!! Chris

    ReplyDelete